All Peak Beings’ Hawaii Yoga Teacher Trainings are Yoga Alliance Certified. The 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training™ will take place at the beautiful Kalani Oceanside Retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. This private and secluded resort is located near the town of Pahoa and is just a short walk to the nearby black sand beach.
You will have the amazing opportunity to take your training here, experience the Hawaiian culture, and practice yoga in a natural environment, surrounded by nature. This training is an all inclusive training which includes the training, lodging, and 3 amazing vegetarian meals daily.
All 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Trainings™ are guided by Troy McPeak, E-RYT. For more about Troy and the Yoga Teacher Training Assistants, please see the About Us page. Our 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training™ Curriculum exceeds the 200 Hour Standards set by Yoga Alliance. Please visit our FAQ Page or email email@example.com if you have any additional questions. You can also check out Testimonials from previous students who have attended the 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Trainings here – Peak Beings Yoga Testimonials.
All 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Trainings™ are guided by Troy McPeak, E-RYT. For more about Troy please see the About Us page. Our 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Training™ Curriculum exceeds the 200 Hour Standards set by Yoga Alliance. Please visit our FAQ page or email info@peakbeings if you have any additional questions.
This 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training will be held at Kalani Oceanside Retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. Kalani is Hawaii’s largest retreat center, one of the best-loved centers in the world for more than 35 years. Kalani (Honua) means harmony of heaven and earth, and this is what they aspire to create. The property consists of 120 acres bordered by tropical jungle and the Pacific Ocean. Over 95% of the land is sustainable agriculture including native forest, preserved heritage sites, organic gardens-orchards, botanicals and pasture-lawn soil conservation.
Kalani welcomes all in the spirit of aloha and are guided by the Hawaiian tradition of ‘ohana’ (extended family), respecting our diversity yet sharing in unity. Kalani is an educational nonprofit organization that celebrates Hawaii, nature, culture and wellness. Visitors from around the world come to Kalani for group yoga trainings and retreats.
Kalani’s facilities include a 25 meter Half-Olympic size pool and heated watsu pool, jacuzzi and sauna where you can relax and rejuvenate your body. There are also recreational facilities, including a weight room, a variety of massage treatments (including bodywork in water) and many other educational adventures. Please visit the FAQ page for additional activities available at Kalani.
Training Dates are Sunday, July 9th through Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
- Arrival Date to Kalani is Sunday, July 9, 2017. There will be a welcome meeting at 4:30 pm. Try to arrive to Kalani no later than 4:00 pm. Please see our FAQ Page for transportation options for arriving at Kalani.
- Departure Date from Kalani is Wednesday, August 2, 2017. Graduation will be on the evening of Tuesday, August 1st and departure will be on the morning of Wednesday, August 2nd. Please see our FAQ Page for transportation options for leaving from Kalani.
Rates & Accommodations
Prices include the training and all materials, lodging and three amazing 5-star vegetarian meals each day in the beautiful open-air restaurant. Tea, filtered water, and snacks are also available throughout the day. A listing of the types of accommodations and rates are listed below. You can also check out the descriptions and photos of the accommodations on Kalani’s Accommodations Page (Prices include all Hawaiian taxes).
Lodge Rooms: The lodge rooms are housed in three two-level lodges or Hales (pronounced Ha’-lay, Hawaiian for “house”) and have several rooms on each floor with access to common areas on both levels. The lodges are on the central lawn close to the Dining Lanai. Triple, Double, and Single Occupancy rooms are available. Rooms are approximately 200 square feet with twin, queen, or king beds, shared or private bath, fan, and a garden view. The ‘Private bath’ rooms have bathrooms directly in the room and the ‘Shared Bath’ rooms have the bathroom down the hallway. Bring friends or roommates will be assigned.
- $4,195 per person – Triple Occupancy (Shared Bath)
- $4,495 per person – Double Occupancy (Shared Bath)
- $4,795 per person – Double Occupancy (Private Bath)
- $5,195 per person – Single Occupancy (Shared Bath)
- $5,995 per person – Single Occupancy (Private Bath)
Kama’aina (Local): The Kama’aina (Local) Rate is for people who live on the island and do not require accommodations. The local rate includes the training tuition/materials and Kalani’s monthly fee for use of the facilities. Meals can also be added for an additional cost of $11 for breakfast, $12 for lunch and $19 Dinner, paid directly to Kalani during your stay.
- $2,100 per person
Kalani Oceanside Retreat’s facilities include a 25 meter Half-Olympic size pool and heated watsu pool, jacuzzi and sauna where you can relax and rejuvenate your body. There are also recreational facilities, including a weight room, a variety of massage treatments (including bodywork in water) and many other educational adventures. Please visit the FAQ page for additional activities available at Kalani.
- A creative, fun, and supportive environment to develop Self Awareness and Discovery.
- Exploring yoga from Eastern and Western Views and keeping a ‘Real’ perspective.
- Teacher Training Manual (250+ Pages)
- Design, Teach and Assist a 1.5 Hour Yoga Class
- Free time to explore the beautiful location you are visiting
- Post-Training support via email/phone and assistance with contacts for teaching positions
- Assistance with marketing yourself as a teacher (goal of paying off your training within one year)
- Detailed examination of anatomy, alignment and safety in postures
- Strengthen communication skills for developing the teacher-student relationship as well as personal relationships
- Exploration of various forms of Meditation
- Free Peak Beings Signature “Balance” T-Shirt
- A stronger body, a stronger mind, a stronger you!
A sample daily schedule is provided below to give you an idea of the program hours Monday through Friday. Classes are 7 days a week, but you will have additional free time on Saturday and Sunday for the beach, relaxation, activities and island tours.
- 6:00 to 8:00 am – Morning Yoga Practice
- 8:00 to 10:00 am – Breakfast and Break
- 10:00 am to 1:30 pm – Morning/Afternoon Session
- 1:30 to 2:30 pm – Lunch
- 2:30 to 5:00 pm – Free Time (beach, hike, siesta)
- 5:00 to 7:30 pm – Evening Session
- 7:30 to 8:30 pm – Dinner
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Accommodation types are limited. Please confirm your accommodation type as early as possible. Payment plans are available. A $500 Deposit reserves your space in the training. 50% Payment is due 60 days before the start of the training and Full Payment is due 30 days prior to the start of the training. $500 deposits are non-refundable, but may be be transferred to another upcoming training.
Financial Assistance: A limited number of Financial Aid Awards are available for this Teacher Training for students who require financial assistance to attend the training. Email email@example.com to receive an application.