Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training
All Peak Beings’ Hawaii Yoga Teacher Trainings are Yoga Alliance Certified. The 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training™ will take place at the beautiful Kalani Oceanside Retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. This private and secluded resort is located near the town of Pahoa and is just a short walk to the nearby black sand beach.
You will have the amazing opportunity to take your training here, experience the Hawaiian culture, and practice yoga in a natural environment, surrounded by nature. This training is an all inclusive training which includes the training, lodging, and 3 amazing vegetarian meals daily.
All 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Trainings™ are guided by Troy McPeak, E-RYT. For more about Troy and the Yoga Teacher Training Assistants, please see the About Us page. Our 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training™ Curriculum exceeds the 200 Hour Standards set by Yoga Alliance. Please visit our FAQ Page or Contact Us with any questions. You can also check out Testimonials from previous students who have attended the 200 Hour Unified Yoga Teacher Trainings here – Peak Beings Yoga Testimonials.
This 200 Hour Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training will be held at Kalani Oceanside Retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. Kalani is Hawaii’s largest retreat center, one of the best-loved centers in the world for more than 35 years. Kalani (Honua) means harmony of heaven and earth, and this is what they aspire to create. The property consists of 120 acres bordered by tropical jungle and the Pacific Ocean. Over 95% of the land is sustainable agriculture including native forest, preserved heritage sites, organic gardens-orchards, botanicals and pasture-lawn soil conservation.
Kalani welcomes all in the spirit of aloha and are guided by the Hawaiian tradition of ‘ohana’ (extended family), respecting our diversity yet sharing in unity. Kalani is an educational nonprofit organization that celebrates Hawaii, nature, culture and wellness. Visitors from around the world come to Kalani for group yoga trainings and retreats.
Kalani’s facilities include a 25 meter Half-Olympic size pool and heated watsu pool, jacuzzi and sauna where you can relax and rejuvenate your body. There are also recreational facilities, including a weight room, a variety of massage treatments (including bodywork in water) and many other educational adventures. Please visit the FAQ page for additional activities available at Kalani.
Training Dates are Sunday, January 21st through Wednesday, February 14th, 2018
- Arrival Date to Kalani is Sunday, January 21, 2018. There will be a welcome meeting at 4:30 pm. Try to arrive to Kalani no later than 3:30 pm. Please see our FAQ page for transportation options for arriving at Kalani.
- Departure Date from Kalani is Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Graduation will be on the evening of Tuesday, February 13th and departure will be on the morning of Wednesday, February 14th. Please see our FAQ Page for transportation options for leaving from Kalani.
Rates & Accommodations
Prices include the training and all materials, lodging and three amazing 5-star vegetarian meals each day in the beautiful open-air restaurant. Tea, filtered water, and snacks are also available throughout the day. A listing of the types of accommodations and rates are listed below. You can also check out the descriptions and photos of the accommodations on Kalani’s Accommodations Page (Prices include all Hawaiian taxes).
LODGE ROOMS: The lodge rooms are housed in three two-level lodges or Hales (pronounced Ha’-lay, Hawaiian for “house”) and have several rooms on each floor with access to common areas on both levels. The lodges are on the central lawn close to the Dining Lanai. Triple, Double, and Single Occupancy rooms are available. Rooms are approximately 200 square feet with twin, queen, or king beds, shared or private bath, fan, and a garden view. The ‘Private bath’ rooms have bathrooms directly in the room and the ‘Shared Bath’ rooms have the bathroom down the hallway. Bring friends or roommates will be assigned.
- $4,195 per person – Triple Occupancy (Shared Bath) – Only 1 Space Left (Female Only)
- $4,495 per person – Double Occupancy (Shared Bath)
- $4,795 per person – Double Occupancy (Private Bath) – Only 1 Space Left (Male Only)
- $5,995 per person – Single Occupancy (Private Bath) – FULL – Contact Us for availability
COTTAGES: The Cottages are the Premium Accommodation type at Kalani and are private, free-standing structures that feature wood and renewable bamboo construction and a covered, outdoor lanai/patio. All Cottages have unique artistic touches. Some are nestled in tropical foliage, while others look out over open fields. Cottages have capacity for up to three persons, and feature a private bath and mini fridge. Rooms are approximately 400 square feet and are a 5 minute walk to the training practice space. Roommates will be assigned if you are coming by yourself. Please visit Kalani’s Accommodations Page for more information and to see example pictures of the Cottages.
- $4,895 per person – Triple Occupancy (Private bath) – Only 1 Space Left
- $5,395 per person – Double Occupancy (Private Bath) – Only 1 Space Left
OFF-SITE & COMMUTER OPTIONS: If you are interested in staying Off-Site, are familiar with the area or already live in the area, you can see the Off-Site and Commuter Options Here – Off-Site and Commuter Options
Accommodation types are limited. Please confirm your accommodation type as early as possible. Payment plans are available. A $500 Deposit reserves your space in the training. 50% Payment is due 60 days before the start of the training and Full Payment is due 30 days prior to the start of the training. $500 deposits are non-refundable, but may be be transferred to another training.
Kalani Oceanside Retreat’s facilities include a 25 meter Half-Olympic size pool and heated watsu pool, jacuzzi and sauna where you can relax and rejuvenate your body. There are also recreational facilities, including a weight room, a variety of massage treatments (including bodywork in water) and many other educational adventures. Please visit the FAQ Page for additional activities available at Kalani.
- A creative, fun, and supportive environment to develop Self Awareness and Discovery.
- Exploring yoga from Eastern and Western Views and keeping a ‘Real’ perspective.
- Teacher Training Manual (250+ Pages)
- Design, Teach and Assist a 1.5 Hour Yoga Class
- Free time to explore the beautiful location you are visiting
- Post-Training support via email/phone and assistance with contacts for teaching positions
- Assistance with marketing yourself as a teacher (goal of paying off your training within one year)
- Detailed examination of anatomy, alignment and safety in postures
- Strengthen communication skills for developing the teacher-student relationship as well as personal relationships
- Exploration of various forms of Meditation
- Free Peak Beings Signature “Balance” T-Shirt
- A stronger body, a stronger mind, a stronger you!
A sample daily schedule is provided below to give you an idea of the program hours Monday through Friday. Classes are 7 days a week, but you will have additional free time on Saturday and Sunday for the beach, relaxation, activities and island tours.
- 6:00 to 8:00 am – Morning Yoga Practice
- 8:00 to 10:00 am – Breakfast and Break
- 10:00 am to 1:30 pm – Morning/Afternoon Session
- 1:30 to 2:30 pm – Lunch
- 2:30 to 5:00 pm – Free Time (beach, hike, siesta)
- 5:00 to 7:30 pm – Evening Session
- 7:30 to 8:30 pm – Dinner
Join us for this once in a lifetime Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii. Surround yourself in Nature and Yoga in this 25 Day Yoga Teacher Training in Hawaii where you will have the opportunity to explore Yoga in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Our Hawaii Yoga Teacher Training exceeds the Yoga Alliance Standards and you will leave this Training with newly acquired confidence in yourself and your teaching. Whether you are looking to share your passion for yoga through teaching or just want to dive into your yoga practice and learn more about topics that are not covered in regular yoga classes, we strive to create an environment for all levels and all interests. We will cover the details of asanas (postures) as well as dive into the other amazing things Yoga has to offer like philosophy, self development, meditation, anatomy, etc. The experiences you will encounter during this training will also give you the chance to learn how to fully unify the different layers (koshas) of yourself and others. Certification through our Unified Yoga Teacher Training will allow you to evolve your yoga practice and teaching as you change and as yoga styles continue to develop.
Please Contact Us with any questions.
Accommodation types are limited. Please confirm your accommodation type as early as possible. Payment plans are available. A $500 Deposit reserves your space in the training. 50% Payment is due 60 days beforethe start of the training and Full Payment is due 30 days prior to the start of the training. $500 deposits are non-refundable, but may be be transferred to another upcoming training.
Financial Assistance: A limited number of Financial Aid Awards are available for this Teacher Training for students who require financial assistance to attend the training. Please Contact Us to receive an application.